Small Claims Court Cases

If your claim is for $25,000 or less we can represent you in Small Claims Court.

De Palma & Associate Legal Services is a full service firm meaning we handle your claim from start to finish.

We will meet with you to discuss the issue you are having and then prepare, file and serve all necessary documents. We will then attend a settlement conference with you in the hopes of settling your case. If a settlement cannot be reached we will prepare for and attend trial.

    • Examples of Small Claims Court scenarios include:
    • Contractor or Subcontractor completes a job and does not get paid
    • You loan a friend money and they do not pay you back
    • Disputes between neighbours regarding the fence between their properties
    • Breach of contract
    • Customer does not pay their invoice for items purchased
    • Purchase of an item from a buy/sell website gone wrong
    • I received a judgment in my favour, now what?!

    At De Palma & Associate Legal Services, we also assist clients with judgment recovery. Many times people proceed through their Small Claims Court case self-represented. They obtain judgment in their favour but do not know how to go about actually receiving the money owed to them. Even if we did not handle your case from the beginning, we are able to assist clients in obtaining the money owed to them through the various enforcement methods provided by the Small Claims Court.